Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sheraton krabi vs. Indigo pearl Phuket??

Hi,





Trying to decide where to spend 2 weeks in jan, either Sheraton krabi or indigo pearl Phuket...any ideas? We want somewhere close-ish to some bars / restaurants but not too busy. If anyone has any other suggestions to throw into the melting pot I%26#39;m open to ideas!





Thanks





K





Sheraton krabi vs. Indigo pearl Phuket??





I have stayed at the Indigo Pearl and in Krabi at the Centara Grand.





The Indigo Pearl is a lovely hotel - I would recommend upgrading to a Pearl Bed room which is much more spacious and better appointed. The hotel is in a quiet location although there are some good beach restaurants with really tasty and cheap local food. The only slight negative is the beach - it is okay but not as attractive as those around Krabi. The Indigo Pearl is set in very spacious grounds and has a good selection of pools - one with a swim up bar with cheap cocktails at happy hour and never felt crowded. The breakfasts there were great although I would be inclined to use the beach restaurants in the evenings.





I cannot comment on the Sheraton Krabi although I do prefer the scenery of the Krabi area. I think I would have difficulty choosing between the Centara Grand and Indigo Pearl through - the Centara Grand scores more points on location and scenery and the Indigo Pearl on food and hotel amenities. We are off to the Amari Vogue in Krabi next year which also looks good.





Sheraton krabi vs. Indigo pearl Phuket??





I liked the look of the vogue but it seemed really remote and I want to be able to sample local food at local prices









Yes I think you are right on the Vogue - we will unfortuntely be reliant on the hotel for food.





I think the Sheriton is still pretty isolated though - if you look at its reviews with one star there are some complaints over location. I think if I wanted access to good local food I would choose the indigo pearl over the sheriton.





If you want to visit krabi and have access to local restaurants you could try the Centara Grand Beach Resort %26amp; Villas where we stayed last time. This hotel had a lovely location in a secluded bay however you could walk to Ao Nang over the infamous %26#39;monkey way%26#39; a boardwalk around the headland which took around 20 minutes.









Amari Vogue is an amazing place. We filled up on the buffet breakfast on most days and didn%26#39;t really need lunch. We took advantage of the fee courtesy transport into Ao Nang a few times and thus ate dinner in town most of the time.





Comparing the Centara Grand Beach Resort in Krabi to the Amari Vogue Resort is like chalk and cheese the Amari easily wins hands down.





The Sheraton is a 10min drive into Ao Nang whereas the Amari is a 20min drive into Ao Nang. The beach, the iews and overall location are far better at the Amari. Although there are a few small local restaurants within walking distance of the Sheraton. At the Amari you can walk to The Tubkaak Resort for a change of eatery.





Personally, having travelled this year to both Phuket and Krabi, I would go back to Krabi tomorrow - it is arguably the most beautiful province in all of Thailand with amazing limestone formations and great scenery. Far more authenitc Thai and more relaxing than in Phuket, yet still with just as uch things to see and do!









That is good to hear - I am really excited now!





I have booked a honeymoon suite at the Amari Vogue. Do you know if they are all on high floors with good views or whether I should request a specific room?

No comments:

Post a Comment